Tonight starts the pre-WholeExpo countdown: getting ready for this major, annual trade show I've been doing for six years now. I've already packed one box of materials for my display, and started collecting the bits & pieces I need to run my booth "office" - scotch tape, markers, all the essentials. Tomorrow and Friday are going to be all about sorting, packing, last-minute shopping, car care, waiting for my new business cards to arrive at the printer - and if all goes well, I'll still get my eight hours of sleep each night, but we'll see about that. It may be eight hours of sleep over two days. That's show business, folks.
Today a friend asked me what I expect to get out of doing this show (besides sleep-deprived). Good question; it started me thinking. They say that putting your requests to the Universe in writing helps bring them about. So, for the 6th Annual Whole Expo, here is my wish list:
- Thirty readings over two days. That will pay my booth fee and travel expenses, with some left over for profit. Besides, I like working at that pace. A busy show is a good show!
- Greetings and hugs from the friends I've made over the years among the show promoters, fellow exhibitors, and returning visitors.
- More names for my e-mail contact list.
- Some good lunches. The food service so far has been provided by a caterer that specializes in fresh, healthy meals. Yum!
- Some nice pictures of me in my show clothes at my colorful booth, decorated by moi. I'll post them here if the pics turn out halfway decent.
- A nice swim in the fabulous pool at the Lamplighter Inn, where I'll be staying.
That's not too much to ask, is it? If it's in harmony with the will of the Universe, may it be done. And if it's harmony for any of you fellow-travelers to be passing through the City Different this weekend, come enjoy the show - and get a reading from me.